The information on this page relates to our 2021 season.
2021 Water Polo Handout
Water polo is played in deep water and players must be comfortable treading water, and have a solid swimming background. We offer competitive (three teams U12/U14/U16) and developmental (U10 and Splashes).
COMPETITIVE WATER POLO (3 GROUPS)
- U12 born 2010/2011
- U14 born 2008/2009
- U16 born 2006/2007
All competitive players must be able to swim 200 meters unassisted.
U12 Training Days (once a day/5 days a week):
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 3:45pm to 4:45pm
- Wednesday: 12:45pm to 2:00pm
U14 Training Days (once a day/5 days a week):
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 4:30pm to 5:30p
- Wednesday: 1:45pm to 3:00pm
U16 Training Days (once a day/5 days a week):
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 5:30pm to 6:30pm
- Wednesday: 2:45pm to 4:00pm
Due to Covid-19 the BCSSA competitive season has been cancelled. Therefore there will be no regionals and provincials.
DEVELOPMENTAL WATER POLO (2 GROUPS)
- U10 born 2012/2013
- Splash Program born 2013/2014/2015
U10 Training Days (once a day/4 days a week): All developmental players must be able to swim 25 meters.
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 3:45-4:30pm
The U10 sessions will be 45 minutes in the afternoons, M/T/Th/F. Fee: $70/month
Splashes Training Days Run twice a week for 30 minutes and most of the time is spent in the shallow water pool. The program introduces swimming skills, ball handling skills, and basic water polo game knowledge.
- Class 1: Monday, Thursday 2:15-2:45pm
- Class 2: Tuesday, Friday 2:15-2:45pm
- Class 3 : Monday, Thursday 2:45-3:15pm
- Class 4: Tuesday, Friday 2:45-3:15pm
- Class 5: Monday, Thursday 3:15-3:45pm
- Class 6 Tuesday, Friday 3:15-3:45pm
The U10/U12 CBSC tournament will be held on July 28, 2021
Welcome back to CBSC summer Water Polo!
Head Water Polo Coach: Quinn Davies
Competitive coaches : Thomas Gibson (Assistant head coach), Harry Gibson, Joe Rosette
Developmental Coaches: Emmett Thomson (Assistant head coach), James Glanville, Sadie Jorgensen
Water Polo parent representative: Karen Rosette