Water polo is played in deep water and players must be comfortable treading water, and have a solid swimming background. We offer competitive (three teams U12/U14/U16) and developmental (U10 and Splashes).
2020 Water Polo handout
- Physical distancing – minimum of 2 metres
- Hand and personal hygiene – washing with water and soap for 20 seconds.
- Equipment cleaned after each training session
- Individual health monitoring of coaches and participants
- Attendance taken at each practice to allow communication in the event of an outbreak of COVID-19.
- Physical 2m distancing applied outside of pool
- Physical 2m distancing applied in the pool
- Lane ropes used to help divide the pool into sections
- Registration has been capped to reduce number of participants in a training session
- Coach to participant ratio has increased to support smaller group training
U16 = 16 maximum # Coaches = 4 (1:8 ratio) U14 and U16 share pool time
U14 = 16 maximum # Coaches = 4 (1:8 ratio) U14 and U16 share pool time
U12 = 16 maximum # Coaches = 4 (1:4 ratio)
U10 = 12 maximum # Coaches = 4 (1:3 ratio)
Splash = 8 maximum # Coaches = 4 (1:2 ratio)
- Permitted – outside dry-land training (but not on the lower pool deck)
- Permitted – individual ball/technical skills
- Permitted – passing and shooting drills (including on goal keeper)
- Not permitted – travel
- Not permitted – opposition work
- Not permitted – scrimmages
COMPETITIVE WATER POLO (3 GROUPS)
- U12 born 2009/2010
- U14 born 2007/2008
- U16 born 2005/2006
All competitive players must be able to swim 200 meters unassisted. Googles are mandatory this year.
U12 Training Days for 2020 (once a day/5 days a week):
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 4:45pm to 5:45pm
- Wednesday: 1:00pm to 2:00pm
U14 Training Days for 2020 (once a day/5 days a week):
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 5:30pm to 6:30p
- Wednesday: 1:45pm to 2:45pm
U16 Training Days for 2020 (once a day/5 days a week):
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Wednesday: 2:30pm to 3:30pm
DEVELOPMENTAL WATER POLO (2 GROUPS)
- U10 born 2011/2012
- Splash Program born 2011/2012/2013
U10 Training Days for 2020 (once a day/4 days a week): All developmental players must be able to swim 25 meters. Googles are mandatory this year.
- Monday: 4:45pm to 5:30pm
- Tuesday: 4:45pm to 5:30pm
- Thursday: 4:45pm to 5:30pm
- Friday: 4:45pm to 5:30pm
The U10/U12 CBSC hosted tournament this year is cancelled.
The U10 sessions will be 45 minutes in the afternoons, M/T/Th/F. Fee: $70/month
Our Splash sessions for 2020 runs twice a week for 30 minutes and most of the time is spent in the shallow water pool. The program introduces swimming skills, ball handling skills, and basic water polo game knowledge.
- Class 1: Monday, Thursday 3:15pm-3:45pm
- Class 2: Monday, Thursday 4:00pm- 4:30pm
- Class 3: Tuesday, Friday 3:15pm-3:45pm
- Class 4: Tuesday, Friday 4:00pm- 4:30pm