Tennis Handout 2022
Court Schedule and Events
WELCOME TO THE CBSC TENNIS PROGRAM!
The CBSC Tennis Committee and coaches are excited to offer a summer program of progressive tennis lessons, fun activities and club tournaments for players of all ages and skill levels. We’re also thrilled to announce our Head Coach, Asher Chapman, Assistant Head Coaches Nick Gebauer, Emma Kolousek, Courtney Carmichael, Coaches Meera Bahadoorsingh, Adam Armstrong, Stella Hunka, Sydney Apelo Cruz, Duncan Miller, Oliver Botelho, Hayden Carmichael, Maysen Apelo Cruz, Owen Good, and Chloe Miller
WHAT IS PROGRESSIVE TENNIS? Progressive Tennis introduces the sport of tennis in a fun and interactive way and ensures rapid success for young players. Using modified tennis balls, racquets, nets and courts, young players are properly equipped to enjoy rallies and learn the fundamentals of the game early on. Skills are developed much quicker, allowing for an easy transition to full court tennis. Tennis Canada fully endorses Progressive Tennis.
WELCOME TO TENNIS Come meet and play with the CBSC tennis coaches. Join us Tuesday, July 5, 6 – 8pm. Adults only.
CBSC JUNIOR TENNIS TOURNAMENTS Competition for the coveted CBSC tennis trophies is held during the last week of August for singles and doubles players in lieu of lessons! A warm-up singles tournament will be held Wednesday, July 27.
TENNIS CARNIVAL Come and join the coaches Wednesday, August 10 for an afternoon full of tennis games, fun activities and a chance to win some prizes!
ADULT & CHILD TOURNAMENTS The “Adult & Child” tournament will be held on Sunday, July 17 and the “Parent and/or Grandparent & Child” tournament will be held on Sunday, August 14. These tournaments are designed to allow children to experience competition in a friendly and fun environment.
ADULT TOURNAMENTS The Adult ” Mixed Doubles” tournament will be held Sunday, July 10 and the “Men’s & Ladies’ Doubles” tournament on Sunday, July 31. Entry fees are by donation. All levels are welcome to participate.
TENNIS AWARDS CEREMONY Join us Saturday, August 27 at 4 pm as we present our winners with historical coveted family trophies. Trophies are presented for all ages U6 to U18, singles, doubles and to recognize outstanding players and coaches.
2022 TENNIS PROGRAM
Junior Program 4 – 17 years
- Choose from Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday Classes
- *Note new Age Ranges* – All ages are as of December 31, 2022
RED BALL (4-7 years)
- Introduces basic strokes and fundamentals with a focus on coordination.
- Players 4 & 5 years (25 min)
- Class times: Mon/thur or Tues/Fri 10 am, 10:30 am, 11 am & 11:30am
- Players 6 & 7 years (25 min)
- Class times: Mon/thur or Tues/Fri 10 am, 10:30 am, 11 am & 11:30 am
- Fee: $50/month
ORANGE BALL (8-9 years)
- 3/4 court tennis introduces tactical awareness and focuses on improving strokes and ball control. (55 min)
- Class times: 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm & 4 pm
- Fee: $100/month
GREEN BALL (10-11 years)
- Full court tennis introduces building points and decision-making with a focus on utilizing techniques for tactical control. (55 min)
- Class times: 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, 2 pm & 3 pm
- Fee: $100/month
REGULAR BALL (12-17 years)
- Players play on a full sized court with regular balls to build their fundamental skills in a more developmental environment. Course focuses on grip, set-up, impact, hitting zone and recovery. (55 min)
- Class times: 9 am & 4 pm
HIGH PERFORMANCE (12 – 17 years)
- Head Coach pre approval is needed for registration.
- For the more advanced player who plays year-round at a club, tournament or high school level. Players will further develop technical, tactical, physical and mental skills. (85 min)
- Players 12 & 13 years Class times: 1 pm
- Players 14 & 17 years Class times: 2:30 pm
- Fee $150
- This summer-long program caters to players interested in becoming future CBSC tennis coaches. Participants will be introduced to coaching and get hands-on experience. They are encouraged to sign-up for the HighPerformance class. Volunteering is required for this program. Mandatory meeting July 6th at 2pm. $110 Please waitlist day of registration. Head Coach approval, spaces are limited.
PRIVATE LESSONS (ALL AGES)
- CBSC offers private or semi-private lessons. Contact the Head Coach in person or at email@example.com for details & pricing.
ADULT LESSONS (18+)
- Adult lessons offered Mondays and Wednesdays
- Beginner, Intermediate & High Performance lessons offered.
- 55 min classes 1x per week are $50
- 85 min classes 1x per week are $75
- Beginner (55 min) Mon: 5 pm, 6 pm Wed: 6pm Fee: $50
- Intermediate (85 min) Mon: 7 pm Wed: 4:30 pm, 7:00 pm Fee: $75
- High Performance (85 min) Wed 4:30 pm, Mon 7:00 pm Fee: $75
- July 6th Adult lessons at 6pm & 7pm are organized play only. No coaches on hand. Price will reflect this.
ADULT CARDIO TENNIS DRILLS (18+)
- Looking to burn calories outside of the gym? Cardio Tennis is a high-energy fitness activity that combines tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, calorie-burning workout. Social and fun, this program has no skill requirement!
- Tuesdays or Thursdays from 7:45am to 8:45am
- Fee: $50/month
ADULT LEARN TO PLAY (18+)
- Adult Tennis program for beginners on select Wednesdays at 9am. Sign up for one or more. Theoretical and most basic physical fundamentals of tennis. Classes will get progressively harder throughout the month. Racquets will be provided. FEE: $30.00/session
CBSC TENNIS JUNIOR LEAGUE
- The Delta Valley Junior League has been around for 30+ years and is a mixed league for junior tennis players from clubs across the Fraser Valley. All team members must be 14-18 and enrolled in tennis lessons at the Club. Matches are Wednesdays. Try-outs for the team may be required.
PLAYERS’ AGE FOR ALL LESSONS AND TOURNAMENTS IS AS OF DECEMBER 31, 2022. ALL PLAYERS FOR LESSONS, TOURNAMENTS AND EVENTS MUST BE CBSC MEMBERS ALL PLAYERS WANTING TO PLAY UP AN AGE CATEGORY MUST GET PERMISSION FROM THE HEAD COACH. MINIMUM SIGN UP FOR ALL PROGRAMS IS FOR ONE MONTH FOR ALL JUNIOR & ADULT PROGRAMS EXCEPT FOR LEADERS. PICKLEBALL AND LEARN TO PLAY ARE ONE TIME LESSONS.