CBSC 2023 Tennis Program Overview
2023 Court Schedule and Events
WELCOME TO THE CBSC TENNIS PROGRAM!
The CBSC Tennis Committee and coaches are excited to offer a summer program of progressive tennis lessons, fun activities and club tournaments for players of all ages and skill levels. We’re also thrilled to announce our Head Coaches, Courtney Carmichael and Emma Kolousek, and Tennis Coaches Kate Patuel, Adam Armstrong, Stella Hunka, Sydney Apelo Cruz, Duncan Miller, Oliver Botelho, Chloe Miller, Maysen Apelo Cruz, Owen Good, Hayden Carmichael, Caitlyn Skleryk, Carys Hunka, Charlie Cranston and Rowan Hartshorne.
WHAT IS PROGRESSIVE TENNIS? Progressive Tennis introduces the sport of tennis in a fun and interactive way and ensures rapid success for young players. Using modified tennis balls, racquets, nets and courts, young players are properly equipped to enjoy rallies and learn the fundamentals of the game early on. Skills are developed much quicker, allowing for an easy transition to full court tennis. Tennis Canada fully endorses Progressive Tennis.
WELCOME TO TENNIS Come meet and play with the CBSC tennis coaches. Join us Tuesday, July 4, 6 – 8pm. Adults only.
CBSC JUNIOR TENNIS TOURNAMENTS Competition for the coveted CBSC tennis trophies is held during the last week of August for singles and doubles players in lieu of lessons! A warm-up singles tournament will be held Wednesday, July 26.
TENNIS CARNIVAL Come and join the coaches Wednesday, August 9 at 2pm for an afternoon full of tennis games, fun activities and a chance to win some prizes!
ADULT & CHILD TOURNAMENTS The “Adult & Child” tournament will be held on Sunday, July 23 at 10am and the “Parent and/or Grandparent & Child” tournament will be held on Sunday, August 13 at 10am. These tournaments are designed to allow children to experience competition in a friendly and fun environment.
ADULT TOURNAMENTS The Adult ” Mixed Doubles” tournament will be held Sunday, July 9 at 10am and the “Men’s & Ladies’ Doubles” tournament on Sunday, July 30 at 10am. Entry fees are by donation. All levels are welcome to participate.
TENNIS AWARDS CEREMONY Join us Saturday, August 26 at 4 pm as we present our winners with historical coveted family trophies. Trophies are presented for all ages U6 to U18, singles, doubles and to recognize outstanding players and coaches.
2023 TENNIS PROGRAM
Junior Program 4 – 17 years
- Choose from Monday/Thursday, Tuesday/Friday or Wednesday/Saturday Classes
- *Note new Age Ranges* – All ages are as of December 31, 2022
RED BALL (4-7 years)
- Introduces basic strokes and fundamentals with a focus on coordination.
- Players 4 & 5 years (25 min)
- Mon/Thur or Tues/Fri Class times: 10 am, 10:30 am, 11 am & 11:30am
- Wed/Sat Class times: 10 am & 10:30 am
Players 6 & 7 years (25 min)
- Class times: Mon/thur or Tues/Fri 10 am, 10:30 am, 11 am & 11:30 am
- Class times: Wed/Sat 10 am & 10:30 am
- Fee: $50/month
ORANGE BALL (8-9 years)
- 3/4 court tennis introduces tactical awareness and focuses on improving strokes and ball control. (55 min)
- Mon/thur or Tues/Fri Class times: 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm & 4 pm
- Wed/Sat Class times: 10 am
- Fee: $100/month
GREEN BALL (10-11 years)
- Full court tennis introduces building points and decision-making with a focus on utilizing techniques for tactical control. (55 min)
- Mon/thur or Tues/Fri Class times:9 am, 10 am, 11 am, 2 pm & 3 pm
- Wed/Sat Class times: 9 am, 10 am
- Fee: $100/month
REGULAR BALL (12-17 years)
- Players play on a full sized court with regular balls to build their fundamental skills in a more developmental environment. Course focuses on grip, set-up, impact, hitting zone and recovery. (55 min)
- Mon/Thur or Tues/Fri Class times: 9 am & 4 pm
- Wed/Sat Class times: 9 am
HIGH PERFORMANCE (12 – 17 years)
- Head Coach pre approval is needed for registration.
- For the more advanced player who plays year-round at a club, tournament or high school level. Players will further develop technical, tactical, physical and mental skills. (85 min)
- Players 12 & 13 years Mon/Thur or Tues/Fri Class time: 1 pm
- Players 14 & 17 years Mon/Thur or Tues/Fri Class times 2:30 pm
- Fee $150
- This summer-long program caters to players interested in becoming future CBSC tennis coaches. Participants will be introduced to coaching and get hands-on experience. They are encouraged to sign-up for the High Performance class. Volunteering is required for this program. Mandatory meeting July 4th at 2pm. $110 Head Coach approval, spaces are limited
PRIVATE LESSONS (ALL AGES)
- CBSC offers private or semi-private lessons. Contact the Head Coaches in person or at firstname.lastname@example.org for details & pricing.
ADULT LESSONS (18+)
- Adult lessons offered Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Beginner & Intermediate lessons offered
- 55 min classes 1x per week are $50
- 85 min classes 1x per week are $75
- Beginner (55 min) Mon: 5 pm, 6 pm Wed: 6pm Fee: $50
- Intermediate (85 min) Mon: 7 pm Wed: 4:30 pm, 7:00 pm Fee: $75
- High Performance Coach Led Adult Play (120 min) Thurs 6pm Fee: $40 (no class July 27 & Aug 17)
- July 5th Adult lessons are organized play only. No coaches on hand. Fee reflects this.
ADULT CARDIO TENNIS DRILLS (18+)
- Looking to burn calories outside of the gym? Cardio Tennis is a high-energy fitness activity that combines tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, calorie-burning workout. Social and fun, this program has no skill requirement!
- Tuesdays or Thursdays from 7:45am to 8:45am
- Fee: $50/month
CBSC TENNIS JUNIOR LEAGUE
- The Delta Valley Junior League has been around for 30+ years and is a mixed league for junior tennis players from clubs across the Fraser Valley. All team members must be 14-18 and enrolled in tennis lessons at the Club. Matches are Wednesdays. Try-outs for the team may be required.
PLAYERS’ AGE FOR ALL LESSONS AND TOURNAMENTS IS AS OF DECEMBER 31, 2023. ALL PLAYERS FOR LESSONS, TOURNAMENTS AND EVENTS MUST BE CBSC MEMBERS. ALL PLAYERS WANTING TO PLAY UP AN AGE CATEGORY MUST GET PERMISSION FROM A HEAD COACH. MINIMUM SIGN UP FOR ALL PROGRAMS IS FOR ONE MONTH FOR ALL JUNIOR & ADULT PROGRAMS EXCEPT FOR LEADERS.
Questions? Please contact our Head Coaches Courtney and Emma at email@example.com
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone on the courts!
Inclement Weather Policy
Tennis lessons will be closed when the courts are wet due to rain.
We will do our best to send out the eSeahorse or post on Instagram for updates in certain circumstances, but it may not be an up-to-the-minute update.
No refund or make-up classes are offered in lieu of cancelled classes.