Tennis Handout 2021
Court Schedule and Events
The CBSC Tennis Committee and coaches are busy planning a season of programs and lessons that honour CBSC’s spirit of fun and which is fully compliant with Tennis Canada and Tennis BC COVID-19 guidelines. This summer we’re happy to announce Matt O’Leary & Asher Chapman as our two head coaches and are pleased to welcome back Nick Gebauer, Kate Patuel, Emma Kolousek, Courtney Carmichael, Meera Bahadoorsigh & Adam Armstrong. New additions to the coaching team are Duncan Miller, Sydney Apelo Cruz & Stella Hunka.
- Kids’ Tennis – Red, Orange, Green, Regular and High Performance: Lessons will be offered between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday. For details on kids’ tennis and what level your child should be, please see: https://www.tennisbc.org/youth-tennis/learn-to-play/
- Leaders – If you turn 15 this year and would like to be a CBSC coach in the future, this program is for you! Ask our head coaches for more info.
- Adult lessons – Beginner, Intermediate and High Performance lessons will be offered Monday & Wednesday late afternoon evening.A morning fitness class (aka “cardio tennis”!) will run Tuesday/Thursday, and skill levels are welcome to register!
- Private or Bubble lessons – Private lessons and semi-private lessons are available on Wednesday and weekends.
- The Ladder is a fun and competitive program in which players are arranged, unranked, like rungs on a ladder and challenge each other to matches, moving up or down the ladder as matches are won or lost. Each age group/ball colour will have its own ladder and players will compete for end-of-summer trophies. Ladder registration is open and spots will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Open Court – A portion of each day will be available for open court. The majority of Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday will be free for members to book courts.