2022 SWIM PROGRAM SCHEDULE
COMPETITIVE SWIM PARENTS HANDBOOK
The Speed Swimming program aims to prepare swimmers to be a part of the CBSC Swim Team by improving technique, building strength and endurance, and developing skills required to be a competitive speed swimmer.
Road to CBSC Swim Team:
STEP 1: Progress through CBSC Swim lessons to gain skills in all 4 strokes.
STEP 2: Minimum 1 season with Development group – this is the place to gain endurance, fitness and a sense of what the full team experience is like. Developmental meets are offered to gain experience and work towards A times ** speak to Head Coaches if you are unfamiliar with A and B times
STEP 3: Join the Competitive group – 2 training sessions per day – this extra time commitment is essential for growth as a summer speed swimmer.
CBSC Swim Team – Development Group
Development Swim Handout 2022
- An introduction to the CBSC Swim Team and competitive swimming.
- Builds endurance and strength, develops proper stroke techniques and introduces dives, turns and use of blocks
- Swimmers must be able to swim 300 meters comfortably
- Opportunities to attend smaller swim meets
- Solid understanding of all four strokes (should have completed or be registered in Strokers 1 or permission from the Developmental Head Coach).
- 4 days/week group: Training is once a day M/T/Th/F. Fee: $110/month
CBSC Swim Team – Competitive Group
Competitive Swim Handout 2022
A more intensive program aimed at improving swimmer’s performance in competitions by emphasizing strength and endurance, while simultaneously improving their technique.
- Proficiency at all four racing strokes expected (ideally completed or registered in Strokers 3).
- The average distance covered in a practice (all ages) ranges from 2-4 km.
- Expectation of attendance at a minimum of 2 swim meets, plus Regionals in August.
- Training is twice a day M/T/Th/F with extra practice Wednesdays. Attendance at both morning and afternoon practices is expected.
- Fee: Competitive Group $165/month
**Contact Head Coaches if you are new to the swim team.