CBSC is happy to welcome New Members for the Summer of 2021!
Here is an outline of what happens in the coming weeks…..
Online Enrolment (started on June 1)
If you haven’t already, please complete your Online Enrolment ASAP. Online Enrolment is when all members enrol to request a phone call on Registration Day. The sooner you enrol, the better your call time, the more availability there will be for your desired activities.
Registration Day: June 27 and 28, 2021
In previous years with in person registration, members would receive a specific time slot on Registration Day and they would come down to the Club and register in person. Last year, we moved to phone registration due to COVID and we do not give a specific call time. It will be the same system this year. Registration calls will be on June 27 (8:30am to 8:30pm) and June 28 (10am to 2pm). As “Returning Members” register first, this phone call will likely occur in the evening of June 27th or June 28th for new members. On this phone call, you can purchase your membership and enrol in any activities based on availability.
This year, interest in our Club is at an all time high. At CBSC, registration is offered to “Returning Members” first followed by “New Members.” Availability for desired activities is often limited for “New Members.” However, purchasing a membership only will provide you access to club facilities and social events, which we will resume in some capacity given the new public health orders.
Here is a list of typical events offered with a CBSC membership, however this summer may look a bit different.
- Swimming Pool: Family and Adult Swims: Some days of the week, there is a time slot set aside for open swim
- Tennis Courts: When lessons are not in session, club members have access to the courts
- Free Sail and Paddle Board: Access to sailboats and paddleboards under supervision of CBSC coaches during certain hours
- Family Picnic: at Alexander Park. Bring a picnic dinner and enjoy a great evening with other members and coaches
- Footraces: every Friday night at 7pm, on the grass by the tank, running races for kids under 12
- Bingo: twice a summer
- Sandcastle contest
- Pentathlon: running and swimming events for kids 8-12, a few times a summer
- Tennis Social BBQ
- Snail River Run: run/bike race around the beach
- Bullhead Derby: family friendly fishing competition at the pier
- Parents Night Out: adult only party
- Children’s Dances: there are various dances for toddlers to teenagers throughout the summer
***some of these events have an additional fee
Requirements before Registration Day
- Activenet account: CBSC uses Activenet for membership and activity registration. Please create an account ensuring you add all members of your household. To create an account click here Activenet Account Set-up. When creating a new account, you will be sent an email verification to “activate” your account.
- Waivers: completion of the CBSC waivers is required for all members prior to registration. This is done in Activenet so please set up an account first. Detailed steps to complete the waivers is linked here CBSC waivers.
- Virtual Coaches Fair: On Registration Day, registration agents may not be able to answer program specific questions. Therefore, it is strongly advised you direct any program related questions to appropriate coaches prior to Registration Day via our Virtual Coaches Fair. Right now, we do not have finalized program information or lesson schedules. Please continue to check the Registration Page of our website for updates.
Lastly, don’t forget to sign up for eSeahorse: This is our club newsletter. Club information and updates are emailed via the eSeahorse. Please sign up for the eSeahorse eSeahorse sign-up
Lessons begin on Monday July 5th!
Thank you for your interest in CBSC and we look forward to welcoming some new faces this summer.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessie Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org