- We have raised over $1.2M to upgrade the pool, clubhouse, and surrounding area.
- Construction has begun!
- This has been a two-year fundraising campaign.
- We are collecting pledge forms from families who want to be a part of this legacy project up until September 30, 2020.
- We accept cheques, e-transfers, and also donations of securities.
- We are happy to answer all of your questions – email us today!
- Download your pledge form here.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SIGNED PLEDGE FORM
- Scan and email your signed pledge form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your signed pledge form to the address below.
- Cheques can also be sent to our mailing address below.
Crescent Beach Swimming Club
Ocean Park PO
12851 16th Ave,
Surrey, BC, V4A 9L1
THE FINE PRINT…
ONCE IN A CENTURY OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT THE CBSC!
The CBSC Facilities Upgrade and Revitalization project has received overwhelming positive support. The plan honours the heritage and history of our club while upgrading and ensuring that the facilities will be adequate for our programs and sustainable for decades to come.
WHY ARE WE EMBARKING ON THIS SIGNIFICANT PROJECT?
After 60 years, it is time to undertake a major upgrade of our pools to ensure they last for future generations. The health & safety of our members is a top consideration, and the pools need upgrading to current standards to support our growing needs. The surrounding structures are inadequate and need replacing so that we can deliver our programs and continue our CBSC traditions. Escalating maintenance costs and potential pool failure are the main drivers of this project.
SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDES:
- Structural upgrades to the pool, including concrete and hydrostatic pressure work
- Consolidating and updating mechanical equipment
- Enhanced site drainage and improvement of water quality
- Site plan enhancements, including resurfacing and landscaping of the grounds
- New structures: clubhouse, multi-purpose pavilion, timing shack & mechanical building
- New furniture, bleachers, planters – incorporating CBSC legacy
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- A completely revitalized & safe environment that will last for future generations
- A pool that meets health standards for public pools, and minimizes health risks
- Welcoming gathering spaces enabling classes and our CBSC families to enjoy the grounds
- Integration of tennis into the main club area, within the perimeter of our much-loved green fence
- The largest upgrade & enhancement project CBSC has ever undertaken
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
Construction crews will commence work in September 2020, with construction scheduled for completion by Summer 2021.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Consider supporting our CBSC community with a financial commitment to ensure these much needed upgrades happen. This type of improvement requires more than moral support. It requires families and individuals to provide financial support to ensure this much needed project proceeds and is completed on-time.
The funds may be pledged over 2 years (2019 and 2020) and are tax deductible. CBSC will also accept share contributions which offer the donor additional tax benefits. For more information on donating securities, please contact cabinet members: Geoff Funke (email@example.com) or Tannis Pratt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To complete the Facilities Upgrade and Revitalization, we have launched a capital campaign to raise $1.2 million. Below is a sample distribution chart of the gifts required to achieve this goal.