Week 4, Four More Still to Go
Can you believe it – the month of July lessons is almost over! There are still a few very exciting things happening to wrap up the month: Fun Day, BINGO, the Tanker Swim and the July Gala. We hope it’s been an enjoyable first four weeks full of new memories and experiences. The first day of August lessons begins this Monday, August 2 on BC Day.
JULY TANKER SWIM & GALA, July 31
Come out and cheer on our tankers at The Point, on Saturday, July 31 at 9am. The Gala follows at the club pool with races starting after a *special celebration. Please refer to the links below for printable copies of the list of the tankers who will be swimming and for a copy of the program for the races.
*To all Members and Donors:
Join us as we celebrate the official opening of the newly redeveloped CBSC! Ribbon cutting to be held at CBSC, after the Tank Swim, this Saturday July 31; before the first race at a very approximate 10am CBT (Crescent Beach Time). The July Gala is dedicated to all the campaign donors. A heartfelt thank you from CBSC.
We still need food donations to keep our volunteer team running the Gala nourished! Please sign up HERE.
Concession will be open for the July Gala. Join us for a pancake breakfast after the Tank swim followed by a BBQ. Also, try our new Iced Coffee beverage!
Family Swim Time Change
July 31 – Family Swim from 2:00-7:00pm
We still have lots of space in the Tiny Tri 6-7 year old Tues/Fri program from 8:30-9:15am in August!
And there’s still time to join Masters Running in August!
Tuesday/Thursday mornings 6:30-7:30am led by triathlon coaches.
Contact the office: email@example.com or register through ActiveNet.
Men’s & Ladies’ Doubles Tournament, Sunday August 1
On Sunday August 1st the Men’s and Ladies’ Doubles Tournament will run from 10am! Registration is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably by Friday, July 30. Courtside entries will be permitted. If you’re unable to find a partner, the coaches will do their best to find one for you.
The concession will be open for coffee and breakfast snacks. Please note all participants must be CBSC members and over the age of 18. Good luck to all competing!
BINGO IS BACK! Friday July 30
When: Card sales start at 7pm, and the games will commence shortly after Footraces completes. Please head straight to Alexandra Park to get your cards and find your spot on the grass. For Club members only.
- Cards are $2, and limited (at the beginning) to 1 per person.
- Once all attending members have purchased their cards (ensuring everyone that wants one gets one), the remainder will be for sale for those that wish for 2 cards.
- Please bring small change if possible (loonies and toonies) for ease of buying cards! If you don’t have change, please bring small bills if possible to help keep the transactions simple, quick and smooth.
- There will be a limited concession of items for $1, including chips, cans of pop and ring pops. In our efforts to go green, we encourage families to bring their own snacks to share.
It’s going to be a fast-paced, fun game – the more winners the better. See you all tomorrow!
Graham, Chris & Grant
PENTATHLON RESCHEDULED: AUGUST 6 instead of July 30
FREE for ages 8 – 12 (must be 8 as of August 31, 2021) MUST BE A STRONG SWIMMER and comfortable swimming in the ocean.
Be prepared to do some ocean swimming, running and even get messy, depending on the theme of the day! Last time, there were lots of kids covered in chocolate!
- Register through your online Active Net account. Deadline is 2pm on Thursday, August 5.
- Meet at the lifeguard tower right after Foot Races.
- Save these dates to participate in upcoming events: August 13 and August 27
- Registration for these will open at 9am on the Monday following each Pentathlon.
SANDCASTLE CONTEST, Sunday August 8 (rain or shine!)
Digging starts at 10:00am and ends at 11:00am SHARP, so arrive by 9:45am to find your plot and get ready.
Location: At the end of Beecher St. in front of Hooked and Cotto Al Mare restaurants.
The event will be similar to last year:
- We are asking families to pre-register. CLICK HERE
- Sandcastle plots will be 5M apart
- Teams will stay on the sand during the streamlined judging and awards process.
There are only three rules!
- Digging and collection of beach material cannot start until 10am
- Beach materials are the only things that can be incorporated into your creation
- Plots are a maximum size of 10×10 sq ft – stakes and measuring string will be provided.
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
MEN’S GOLF, Saturday August 14
18 Hole Tournament at Nico Wynd on Saturday, August 14. Meet at 11:15am at the golf course for team assignments. Shot Gun start at 12 noon. Dinner follows at 6pm at the CBSC pool. Prizes, a commemorative tshirt, drinks and dinner all for $100. Participation will be capped at 64. Register online or in the Clubhouse. Deadline is 4pm on August 6. When registering, please indicate your handicap or usual score. Prize donations are appreciated and can be dropped off at the clubhouse. All golf abilities are welcome!
Please remember to wear your GREEN wristbands to CBSC events and activities whenever possible!