Week 3, Whoopee!
Week three was another stellar week full of fun in the sun! Many swimmers participated in the ‘B’ Meet, and our Intermediate Seahorse Dance wrapped up a couple of weeks of dances held on the tennis courts. Today marks the start of the Summer Olympics, and it will no doubt inspire many of our young athletes through sport. Apparently, you might also spot a lot of adult wannabe Olympians doing an Amazing Race Saturday night 😃.
Big Announcement: Bingo is Back! Next Friday, July 30th after Footraces. Look for more details to be announced soon, so mark your calendars.
One of our very own Club members – Janet Petras – is in Tokyo for the Olympics and is on the Board of the Canadian Paralympic Committee. Indeed, we have a CBSC Olympian this year! Janet has been the organizer of the B Meet for many years, and we are lucky to have her with us. Her career in sport is impressive to say the least. Congratulations Janet, and we wish you the best of success in Tokyo.
Saturday and Sunday Family Swims are from 12 to 7pm.
The adult lane swim (Sunday 10am-noon) is on as scheduled.
JULY TANKER SWIM, July 31
The July Tanker Swim takes place at the tanks located at The Point, on Saturday, July 31 at 9am. Eligible tankers in lessons will be contacted through their swim coach with a letter handed out in class. However, if your child is in Strokers 1 swim lessons or higher, please let their swim coach know right away, if they have never swum the tank and are interested in participating.
JULY GALA SIGN UP
The July Swim Gala takes place at the club pool and begins immediately following the Tanker Swim. Sign Up sheets are located outside the Clubhouse. Deadline for sign-up is 3pm on Monday, July 26th in order to be in the program.
- Deck entries will be allowed.
- You are eligible to participate in the Gala if you are signed up for at least one week of Swim Lessons, Training, Synchro, Waterpolo, Lifesaving, or Triathlon in July or you are a CBSC member 15 years to 18 years.
- Completion of a Tanker swim is preferable before the first Gala.
- You must sign up in your specific age group. Your age is as of the day of the Gala.
- Participants may only register in one Freestyle event in their age group but may sign up for as many other individual races as they wish in their age group, as well as a relay. Relays will be assigned on Gala Day.
- “O” Cat Swimmers: please put an “O” next to your name. Please note: “O” Cat swimmers are ineligible for relays.
CBSC CONCESSION – Call for Volunteers
The Concession Team is looking for volunteers to help feed all of our athletes and their fans at a few upcoming events! We need BBQ-ers, pancake flippers, concession stand workers, and a bit of food prep too. Thank you so much for helping make these events run smoothly!
- U10/U12 Water Polo Tournament – Wednesday July 28th – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094FADAE2BA1F58-water
- July Gala – Saturday July 31st – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094FADAE2BA1F58-july
- August Gala – Sunday August 29th – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094FADAE2BA1F58-august
July Singles Tournament
On Wednesday July 28th the July Singles tournament will run from 9am-5pm. Your coach will assist with registration during Monday & Tuesday lessons in Week 4. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The schedule for the tournament is as follows!
- 9:00am – 10:30am: 10 & under girls and boys
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm: 12 & under girls and boys
- 2:30pm – 4:00pm: 14 & under girls and boys
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: 16 & under boys and girls
July Regatta, Sunday July 25
After a year off we are all very excited for you to join us on the water with the wind in your sails racing to the finish line in July’s Regatta! New this year will be online registration through your ActiveNet account. Registration will be from 9am-9pm Friday, July 23. These races are open to all abilities as long as prerequisites are met. For example, a SUP racer will need to have completed the SUP orientation, laser bug racer will need to have completed voyagers, and a sailor would have had to have completed at least Sail Green. Prerequisites will be checked before race day. If you are racing with more than one person only one person needs to register the “team” and they must meet the prerequisites.
If capacity allows it, we will allow some same day registration on Sunday at the beach for members only. Sunday’s registration will close 15min before the race will start. The laser bug boats will be a new part of the racing team this year. If you would like to race a laser bug boat, registration will be at the beach in person on Sunday.
Here is what the July regatta is offering:
1. Senior Race
Age: CANsail 3 and up
Sign up closes at 10:45am
First race at 11:00am
2. Family Race
Age: any and any level
Sign up closes at 12:15pm
First race at 12:30pm
3. Junior Race
Age: CANsail 2 and under
Sign up closes at 1:30pm
First race at 1:45pm
***Laser Bugs included in this race***
4. Open Race
Sign up closes at 3:00pm
First race at 3:15pm
5. Junior SUP
Age: 12 and under
Sign up closes at 11:15am
First race at 11:30am
6. Senior SUP
Age: 13 and up
Sign up closes at 12:15pm
First race at 12:30pm
CBSC 100 Summers Book
There’s still time to order your CBSC’s coveted 100 SUMMERS Anniversary Book available at the July Gala on July 31! It’s a beautiful hard cover book that walks you through the Club’s proud 100 year history, the pool’s evolution and our club traditions. Did you know that we have past Olympians that have swam our pool? Find out more about our history in the book.
One book, $45 or buy 2 for only $80 (What a deal!)
3 ways to get your hands on this keepsake coffee table book:
- Available to purchase in person at the July Gala.
- Pre-order online through ActiveNet and pick up at the July Gala LINK HERE
- Order through the office – email email@example.com
2nd PENTATHLON of the Summer
Friday, July 30
FREE for ages 8 – 12 (must be 8 as of August 31, 2021) MUST BE A STRONG SWIMMER and comfortable swimming in the ocean.
Be prepared to do some ocean swimming, running and even get messy, depending on the theme of the day! Last week, there were lots of kids covered in chocolate! Register through your online Active Net account. Deadline is 2pm on Thursday, July 29.
Meet at the lifeguard tower right after Foot Races.
Save these dates to participate in upcoming events: August 13 and August 27
Registration for these will open at 9am on the Monday following each Pentathlon.