July 15 – Pentathlon
July 16 – PNO
July 17 – Adult & Child Tennis
July 19, Seahorse Dances #1, #3/4
July 22, BINGO
Our mythical mascot, the beloved Sally Seahorse is quite pleased with the first 2 weeks of CBSC and has given her official stamp of approval. Things are going swimmingly well. Sally is ever present (kind of like Santa) and has been watching all the kids at lessons and events (adults too). Our Sandcastle Contest had a terrific turnout and new champions were crowned with a creative theme of a ‘summer CBSC snowman’. The first Seahorse Dance on Tuesday was a hit, especially the slushy machine. Next week, the remaining dances happen on Tuesday night on the tennis courts.
And overheard on the pool deck, one parent exclaimed, “It’s like Groundhog Day at CBSC.” But it’s a good kind of Groundhog Day, where everyday is awesome, and it’s on repeat!
Also, congrats to all our winners this week:
- Sandcastle Contest – Team Boyd/Gustafson/Davidson
- Mixed Doubles Tennis – Asher Chapman and Sarah Lo
- Wristband Raffle Draw – Kelly/Dylan Dumont, Michelle Katronis, and Jelani Honorat
CBSC ‘B’ Meet
Wednesday, July 20
We will be supplying food and refreshments for officials and volunteers at the upcoming CBSC ‘B’ Meet, on Wednesday, July 20th. Please consider contributing a plate of veggies, fruit, savoury items, or baked goods. A sign up sheet can be found here: CBSC B Meet deck food Sign Up. Many thanks in advance for helping out!
Please deliver your food items (ready-to-serve) to the Clubhouse on the day of the Meet (Wednesday, July 20th) anytime between 11:30am and 1pm.
S & T Officials – And for those of you that haven’t had a chance to use your stroke and turn judge skills in a while we are looking for S&T officials to help at the meet – please sign up below.
Stroke and Turn sign up
We also need some BBQ volunteers. Contact Melissa at email@example.com if you can help out on the grill!
*There will be NO FAMILY SWIM on Wednesday.*
July Tanker Swim
Saturday, July 30
The July Tanker Swim takes place at the tanks located at The Point, on Saturday, July 30 at 9am. Eligible tankers in lessons will be contacted through their swim coach with a letter handed out in class. However, if your child is in Strokers 1 swim lessons or higher, please let their swim coach know right away if they have never swum the tank and are interested in participating.
July Gala Sign Up
The July Swim Gala takes place at the club pool and begins immediately following the Tanker Swim.
Sign Up sheets will be located outside the Clubhouse starting on Monday, July 18. Deadline for sign-up is 3pm on Monday, July 26th in order to be in the program. Deck entries will be allowed.
A few details:
- You are eligible to participate in the Gala if you have attended Learn to Swim Lessons, Speed Swimming, Artistic Swimming, Waterpolo, Lifesaving, Junior Lifeguard Club or Triathlon in July or you are a CBSC member 15 years to 18 years.
- Completion of a Tanker swim is preferable before the first Gala.
- You must sign up in your specific age group.
- Your age is as of the day of the Gala.
- Participants may only register in one Freestyle event in their age group but may sign up for as many other individual races as they wish in their age group, as well as a relay.
- Relays will be assigned on Gala Day.
- “O” Cat Swimmers: please put an “O” next to your name. Please note: “O” Cat swimmers are ineligible for relays.
Masters Water Running
Come out to Adult Water Running on Wednesday mornings from 7:30 – 8am and a new, additional time on Saturdays from 12:30 – 1pm. This is a free drop-in program but please bring your own pool noodle, if possible, as we have a limited supply.
Please note: Class is canceled on August 13 and 24 and may be cancelled on July 30, if the Gala runs past 12:30pm.
Adult & Child Tennis Tournament
Sunday, July 17
Come down to the courts on Sunday, July 17 at 10 am for some tennis fun for all ages! The concession will be open for coffee and breakfast snacks. Sign up through ActiveNet. (Adults must be 17+ and Children must be under 16, all participants must be CBSC Members)
Click HERE for more tournament rules and details.
This past Wednesday, The CBSC Tennis Junior League beat the Hazelmere team 6 matches to 1. Way to go team!!
The Tennis Ladder is now open and in full swing. Sign up through ActiveNet and play all summer for prizes. (Greenball and up)
OTHER EVENTS AND HAPPENINGS
Circus Carnival PNO is this Saturday Night!
- Doors Open at 6pm – please use the entrance off McBride
- Reminder – Cash Bar ONLY $5/Drink
- Not BYOB – we kindly ask that you leave your coolers and personal drinks at home this year, as they will not be permitted on the event grounds
- Dunk Tank from 6:30-8pm! $5 for 3 Throw Attempts – come check out who’s in the hot seat!
- Reminder this event is held outdoors – please dress accordingly for the weather
- There are still a few tickets available!
Call for Snail River Run Volunteers
We still need volunteers who can stay at their checkpoints for the full duration of the race in order to ensure it’s safe and fun for all our participants. Our awesome event coordinators want you to know that there are a variety of positions – so if you’ve never volunteered for this event before please don’t let that deter you! This is a wonderful event for all ages to participate in and our volunteers cheering on, guidiing, and holding stop signs to support our participants is a really important part of the fun.
Date and Time: July 26th Race starts at 5PM
Volunteers should arrive at 4:15PM
Location: Meet at the foot race field
Volunteers needed: Several options available for parents who would like to be at the finish line
Safety on the course is our top priority as the beach is very busy, please help us keep this race safe so we can run it for years to come.
To volunteer please email Heather directly firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s a wrap for this week. We’ll see you tonight – 7:00pm at Footraces, and Pentathlon is on again afterwards.