July Gala: Thank You from CBSC
To all Members and Donors, join us as we celebrate the official opening of the newly redeveloped CBSC! Ribbon cutting to be held at CBSC, after the Tank Swim, this Saturday July 31; before the first race at a very approximate 10am CBT (Crescent Beach Time).
The July Gala is dedicated to all the campaign donors.
A heartfelt thank you from CBSC
A FEW OTHER REMINDERS & UPDATES
PENTATHLON RESCHEDULED: To AUGUST 6 instead of July 30
- FREE for ages 8 – 12 (must be 8 as of August 31, 2021) MUST BE A STRONG SWIMMER and comfortable swimming in the ocean.
- Be prepared to do some ocean swimming, running and even get messy, depending on the theme of the day! Last week, there were lots of kids covered in chocolate!
- Register through your online ActiveNet account. Deadline is 2pm on Thursday, August 5.
- Meet at the lifeguard tower right after Foot Races.
- Save these dates to participate in upcoming events: August 13 and August 27
Registration for these will open at 9am on the Monday following each Pentathlon.
OPEN SWIM TIMES
- Tuesday, July 27 – adult masters and adult lane swim cancelled due to Snail River Run
- Wednesday, July 28 – family swim cancelled due to Water Polo Tournament (however adult lane swim from 8-9pm is still on)
- Saturday, July 31 – family swim start delayed until the completion of the Gala
All other masters, adult lane swim, water running and family swim are on!
For August volleyball lessons, please remember that they are held at the Crescent Beach beachfront volleyball court, located by the tank, across from where the footraces are held. All participants should go directly to the beachfront volleyball court for their lesson.
Wednesdays are drop-in volleyball game days – sign up with a friend or two! All games are only 20-30 minutes and they will be held on the beachfront volleyball court. See Head Coach Stella for details.
BULLHEAD DERBY – July
Where are most fish found? Between their head and tail!
(OR ….At Crescent Beach)
Calling all fisher people! This is a reminder that this is your last week for entries for the July CBSC Bullhead Derby. Entries will be received up until the end of the night on July 31,2021 with prizes to follow. There is still a lot of time left. Remember, any catch can be entered as long as it is done at Crescent Beach or on a boat directly off of the beach. Include measurements of any bullheads caught and send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So get fishing and let MINNOW if you catch anything!
MEN’S GOLF, August 14
Tournament at Nico Wynd on Saturday, August 14. Meet at 11:15am at the golf course for team assignments. Shot Gun start at 12 noon. Dinner follows at 6:00pm at the CBSC pool. Prizes, a commemorative tshirt, drinks and dinner all for $100.
Participation will be capped at 64. Register online through ActiveNet or in the Clubhouse. Deadline to register is 4pm on Aug. 6. When registering, please indicate your handicap or usual score. Prize donations are appreciated and can be dropped off at the Clubhouse. All golf abilities are welcome! Organizer: Kevin Estabrooks.